Your muscles, bones and other parts of your body can benefit a lot from Supplements. Various studies have also shown that the heart has a lot to benefit from supplements, in that it lowers cholesterol, improves blood pressure and other factors that help you against heart complications. Note that it is not yet certain if and how much they help to prevent problems like stroke, heart attack and other problems.
Below are 6 nutrients that have so many benefits and can help you heart-healthy lifestyle:
1) Fiber. This naturally occurs in legumes, vegetables, grains, grains and fruits. It reduces the quantity of cholesterol which the body takes up from food. 25-30 grams of fiber is perfect for the body. They can be obtained from supplements; however, it is best to get it from food. It has been established that the blond psyllium husk (regular fiber supplement) has the capacity to reduce the LDL – bad – cholesterol and can increase the HDL – good cholesterol.
2) Sterols and stanols. Apart from food supplements where you can find these, you can also find them in foods like grains and nuts. They minimize the cholesterol level which the body absorbs from food. They are also present in foods such as yoghurts, orange juice and margarines.
3) Coenzyme Q10. Our heart is considered to be our most important muscle, Coenzyme (Q10) is important for cardiovascular health; our bodies secrete a small quantity of this enzyme, which is referred to as ubiquinol and ubiquione. It works alone or together with other drugs to reduce blood pressure. Researchers have stated that people will experience better results when they combine this nutrient with other heart protective nutrients such as those found in VitaPulse which is beneficial for a healthy heart.
These nutrients are also well known for their capacity to treat side effects of cholesterol-lowering medications referred to as statins; the reason being that it reduces the body’s capacity to produce these enzymes. Several medical practitioners believe it is wise to add CoQ10 to cover this shortage and get rid of issues like weakness and pain; however different studies have produced different results.
4) Fish oil. Contains omega-3 fatty acids and has the capacity to reduce triglycerides (unhealthy fat in the blood) by about 30 percent and improves blood pressure. It is not yet certain how much non-prescription fish oil supplements can help the body fight against stroke and heart attack. The best option may be to go for omega-3 fatty acids. It is recommended by the American Heart Association that adults should consume 3.5 ounce of fish per week.
5) Garlic. Apart from its amazing taste, it lowers the cholesterol levels as well as blood pressure. It also reduces the risk of blood clot by slowing down the rate at which plaque builds up in your arteries. Research has shown that garlic is very nutritious to the body.
6) Green Tea. It has been established that both the extract and the drink may lower triglycerides and LDL cholesterol as well as increase the HDL levels.
The fact that a supplement is labelled “heart healthy” is not enough for you to take it not all of them are helpful to you. Some of them may even be detrimental to your health.