For proper dental health, it is important for you and your family to visit your dentist on a regular basis. The family dentist in Mission British Columbia you visit should be one who offers a number of dental services for your family. Some of these services include;
General Dentistry Services
This are the core traditional dental services that dentist are known for. General dental services are meant to treat dental infection and eliminate dental pain and discomfort. Your family dentist in Mission British Columbia will be able to undertake general dentistry services that include;
· Treating dental diseases- this involves prescribing drugs and injections to cure a variety of dental diseases you may have.
· Tooth extraction- entails permanently removing painful teeth which are either broken, decayed or causing infection to neighboring teeth and gums
· Filling- this is where the area of the tooth that is decayed is removed cleaned and then filled.
· Root Canal- root canal procedure involves removing the infected pulp of the tooth and filling that area to prevent spread of infection to neighboring dental tissues.
Cosmetic Dentistry Services
Today, people undertake cosmetic dental procedures to improve their dental appearance and improve their self esteem. Your family dentist in Mission British Columbia should be able to undertake a variety of cosmetic dentistry procedures which include;
· Dental implants- implants are artificial teeth that are permanently implanted in the socket of missing teeth. They are mostly recommended for people with missing teeth.
· Teeth whitening- teeth whitening is a common cosmetic procedure in which your dentist will whiten your teeth to snow white color
· Dentures- dentures are removable artificial teeth that come with surrounding dental tissues. They are usually preferred by people with missing teeth but who cant undertake dental implants
· Orthodontics- this is a cosmetic dentistry procedure that will straighten and align your crooked teeth. The most common orthodontic procedure is the use of braces or invisalign
For effective cosmetic dentistry procedures, it is important to select a dentist who is experienced and can effectively perform oral surgery as most of this procedure entails undergoing oral surgery.
If either you or any of your family members fear dental procedure like dental surgery, your Mission BC oral surgery clinic will provide sedation dentistry services that offers a pain free and comfortable way to undergo dental procedures. Your dentist in Mission BC will have a discussion with you so as to find out your level of fear and anxieties to enable them determine the best sedation method to use. Some of the common sedation methods include; Oral sedation, Intravenous (IV) Conscious Sedation and use of Nitrous Oxide (N2O)
Emergency Dentistry Services
It is always advisable to select a dentist for you and your family who provides emergency dental services. Emergency dental services can range from sever pain to broken teeth as a result of an accident. Your emergency dentist should be able to stabilize you by stopping any bleeding and reducing your pain before referring you to a Mission BC oral surgery clinic if you require immediate surgery.